This week’s learning activities will focus on the Strategy Management Simulation. For this week, meet with your team to complete Decisions. Finally, each student will independently prepare a brief summary for the week’s simulation efforts.
- Apply strategic business decisions using Interactive Strategy Management Simulation.
- Apply strategic business decisions through strategic simulation for the auto industry.
- StratSim Decisions
- Assignment: Individual Simulation Report (attached decisions, results and summary from simulation account, we are Team A (a)).
Each student, independently of the team will prepare a brief summary for the week’s simulation efforts.
Prepare a report which will include the following information:
- What was your one corporate generic strategy as reviewed from our text for the week? Break this down by your target market and your competitive advantage. Why? Did your overall strategy change since week 1? Why?
- What was your strategic action plan going into the rounds detailed in Blackboard including the reasons for the moves and how it relates to your overall strategy? What are your objective and measurable goals for the moves? Did you have to make operationally reactive moves not related to your strategy? Why?
- What was the objective, fact-based results compared to your intended moves and the reasons of these moves generally? How did your moves advance your one Generic Strategy? Be specific. Did you get the objective results you expected? Why/why not? Share any objective measures from the simulation program that are pertinent to the strategic implementation results and note any purely operational moves. How did your competition and the external environment impact your moves? What is your analysis of this data results compared to your intended results?
- What do you think the next set of objective and measurable moves you will have to consider, and what will you suggest to your partners regarding next week’s moves?
- What have you learned and how does this relate to other lessons in this course and to your career?
- Provide a log regarding the specific dates and times that you accessed the simulation system including specifically when and how you and your teammate reviewed and discussed the simulation system data and decided on your moves to make. A sample is provided in week 1.
· Your report this week should cover periods 1 thru 4 inclusively with fact-based objective data that you analyze from all 4 periods.
· Your grade for each of the simulation report papers will be based on your analysis and critical thinking around the selection and implementation of the corporate strategy for your company.
· Your analysis must be increasingly more thorough with each paper as you become more familiar with the simulation program and with the concepts from our course. The grade will also include a portion based on your team’s current position and your team’s work together.
· Your assignment will be between 1000 words and follow APA Guidelines.
· Include a cover page and at least your course text as a reference.
· Provide Plagiarism report
Textbook:Thompson Jr. A. A, Peteraf, M. A., Gamble, J. E., and Strickland III, A. J. (2022). Crafting & Executing Strategy: The Quest for Competitive Advantage: Concepts and Cases. 23rd Edition. McGraw-Hill. ISBN: 978-1-260-73517-8 link: Crafting & Executing Strategy: The Quest for Competitive Advantage: Concepts and Cases, 23rd Edition | Thompson, Arthur, Peteraf, Margaret, Gamble, John, Strickland, A. | download (u1lib.org)