Within the context of Smart Cities, many regions are employing e-technologies to enhance public service. Today’s cities and towns reveal improvements to providing public services because of e-government capabilities. Select a town or city located in the United States and write an investigative summary detailing at least one e-government application that has improved public service provided to the citizenry. Refer to the unit study guide for application ideas that include wireless technology services or mobile apps used on smartphones to enhance public services.
Your paper should logically identify the following items:
- who the service impacts (lists all stakeholders and beneficiaries),
- what the technology offers (identify what the capabilities the service provides),
- where the service is located,
- when the capability or service began,
- why the technology enhances or improves services, and
- what the cost estimates were to initiate and/or maintain these capabilities.
Your assignment must be a minimum of four pages in length and follow APA style.