For this week’s assignment, you will examine the global criminal perspective of two types of transnational crimes. Chapter 2 in the text discusses domestic crime, transnational crime, and justice. Find additional credible sources to assist in your evaluation of international policing and investigative agencies’ attempts to locate and arrest individuals that are engaged in these transnational crimes.
Before you begin writing your paper, choose two types of transnational crime from the list below:
- Drug trafficking
- Human trafficking
- Money laundering
- Maritime piracy
- Theft of art and cultural objects
- Trade in human body parts
In your paper, relative to the chosen two types of transnational crime
- Describe what international policing and investigative agencies are doing well.
- Identify areas in need of improvements.
- Discuss what we as individuals can do to help with transnational crime rates.
- Identify some warning signs that these transnational crimes may be taking place around us.
- Evaluate what the United States has done to improve transnational crime rates.
- Identify which national agencies are involved in the United States’ attempt to manage transnational crime.
- Discuss each agency’s role in these efforts.
- Must be at least four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.