Consider the following scenario:
A state health department official has recognized your county health department as having exemplary policies for employee training and development. The official has invited the health department director (your boss) to give a presentation at a meeting of all the county health departments in the state. Your boss asks you, the head of the maternal and child health division, to attend the meet and give a presentation.
Your boss gives you a slideshow, titled “Investing in Your Greatest Assets: Tips for Implementing Effective Employee Training Programs” and asks you to complete the presentation. The slideshow contains seven slides with the following headers:
- Determine Your Department Needs
- Develop a Training and Development Plan
- Address New Hire and Ongoing Training
- Don’t Forget to Cross-Train
- Get Management Buy-In
- Measure Results
Using the readings for the week, the South University Online Library, and the Internet, create an 8- to 12-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation on the topic. Include 1–2 slides for each header and detailed speaker’s notes in the presentation.
Support your responses with appropriate research, scholarly reasoning, and examples.
Cite all sources in APA format.
Name your presentation SU_PHE4070_W4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.ppt.
Submit your presentation to the W4 Assignment 2 Dropbox by Week 4, Day 6.
Expert Solution Preview
Introduction: In this presentation, we will be discussing the topic of employee training programs in the context of a county health department. The goal of this presentation is to provide attendees with practical tips and strategies for implementing effective employee training programs.
1. Introduction Slide: This slide should introduce the topic and provide an overview of what will be covered in the presentation.
2. Determine Your Department Needs Slide: This slide should discuss how to assess the training needs of your department, including identifying key areas where employees may need additional training or development.
3. Develop a Training and Development Plan Slide: This slide should cover how to create a comprehensive training and development plan that addresses the needs of all employees. It should include information on developing specific goals and objectives for the training program.
4. Address New Hire and Ongoing Training Slide: This slide should cover strategies for providing effective training to new hires as well as ongoing training for existing employees. This may include discussing different methods of training delivery, such as classroom training, on-the-job training, and e-learning.
5. Don’t Forget to Cross-Train Slide: This slide should discuss the importance of cross-training employees in different roles or departments. This can help ensure that employees have a broad range of skills and can be more effective in their roles.
6. Get Management Buy-In Slide: This slide should cover strategies for getting buy-in from upper management for your training program. This may include discussing the benefits of the program and presenting data on the ROI of employee training.
7. Measure Results Slide: This slide should discuss how to measure the effectiveness of your training program. This may include strategies for collecting data on employee performance before and after training, as well as using employee feedback to continuously improve the program.
8. References Slide: This slide should list all sources used in the presentation, formatted according to APA style.
In conclusion, a comprehensive employee training program is essential for the success of any county health department. By following the tips and strategies outlined in this presentation, attendees can develop and implement effective training programs that will help their employees succeed and improve the overall performance of their department.
#give #attention #slide #review #criteria