Due Date: Sep 06, 2017 23:59:59 Max Points: 50
The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment in this course requires your collaboration with the course faculty early on to establish a plan for successful completion of mutually identified and agreed upon specific deliverables for your programmatic requirements. Programmatic requirements are: (1) completion of required practice immersion hours, (2) completion of work associated with program competencies, and (3) work associated toward completion of your Direct Practice Improvement Project.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment as it pertains to deliverables due in this course:
- Locate and download the Individual Success Plan (ISP) document in the DNP Program Documents folder in the DNP Program Materials section of the DC Network.
- Review the DNP Program Milestones document in the DC Network and identify which milestones apply to this course. Note: Not all courses have milestones.
- Determine what practice experiences you plan to seek in order to address each competency. Include how many hours you plan to set aside to meet your goals. Learners will apply concepts from each of their core courses to reflect upon, critically examine, and improve current practice, and are required to integrate scholarly readings to develop case reports that demonstrate increasingly complex and proficient practice.
- Use the ISP to develop a personal plan for completing your practice hours and how competencies will be met. Show all of the major milestones and deliverables.
Within the ISP, ensure you identify specific deliverables which can include the following: Individualized DNP practice immersion contracts; comprehensive clinical log of hours applied to doctoral level learning outcomes; learner evaluations; mentor evaluations; current and updated CV; scholarly activities; GCU DNP competency self-assessment; reflective journal; course goals and plan for how competencies and practice immersion hours will be met; faculty and mentor approvals of course goals and documented practice immersion hours; and DPI project milestones.
- Identify the specific deliverables you will complete throughout this course from those defined above or others negotiated with your faculty. You must turn in a new ISP in each course.
- Identify the remaining deliverables you will complete in the upcoming courses.
- Identify the challenges you expect to encounter as you continue the practice hour and competency requirements throughout this course? How might you overcome these challenges?
- You can renegotiate these deliverables with your faculty throughout this course and update your ISP accordingly.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Complete the Contact Information table at the beginning of the ISP document and type in your signature and the date on which you completed the table.
Read the information in the ISP document including the following:
- Learner Expectations
- Derivation of the ISP
- Instructions for completing the ISP
Follow the instructions and complete the ISP.
Expert Solution Preview
Question 1: What are the programmatic requirements for the Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment?
Answer: The programmatic requirements for the ISP assignment are (1) completion of required practice immersion hours, (2) completion of work associated with program competencies, and (3) work associated toward completion of the Direct Practice Improvement Project.
Question 2: Where can the ISP document be found?
Answer: The ISP document can be found in the DNP Program Documents folder in the DNP Program Materials section of the DC Network.
Question 3: What should be included in the ISP to develop a personal plan?
Answer: The ISP should include all major milestones and deliverables, such as Individualized DNP practice immersion contracts, comprehensive clinical log of hours applied to doctoral level learning outcomes, learner evaluations, mentor evaluations, current and updated CV, scholarly activities, GCU DNP competency self-assessment, reflective journal, course goals, and plan for how competencies and practice immersion hours will be met. Learners should also get faculty and mentor approvals of course goals and documented practice immersion hours, and DPI project milestones.
Question 4: Are learners required to submit the ISP to Turnitin?
Answer: No, learners are not required to submit the ISP to Turnitin.