identify someone in the healthcare field who may have created a policy or assessment to improve healthy living. Contact that individual to conduct an interview about the policy.
Consider whether the policy or assessment is effective, and how your interviewee feels how it might be improved. Be sure to include the following information in your interview:
- Identify the interviewee.
- The goals and objectives of your interview.
- Location of the organization and how the interviewee is involved/position.
- Description of the policy.
- What are some of the challenges regarding the policy development?
- What were some of the benefits of the policy?
- Are there recommendations for improving the policy?
Here are some suggested questions:
- What are the mission and vision statements for your organization?
- How do these mission and vision statements assist in helping your organization focus on healthy living promotions?
- How are the daily operations for your organization meeting policy? What are some of the areas that may lead to improvement regarding any policy updates?
- What are some of the challenges that you are currently experiencing with your policy revisions?
- What are some of the benefits your policy is providing to patients, or clients?
- What are some of the recommendations that you may have regarding policy improvement both internally and externally?
Albejaidi, F., & Nair, K. S. (2019). Building the health workforce: Saudi Arabia’s challenges in achieving Vision 2030. The International Journal of Health Planning and Management, 34(4), e1405–e1416. S., Bruckner, T.A., Lin, T.K. et al. A needs-based methodology to project physicians and nurses to 2030: the case of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Hum Resour Health 19, 55 (2021). M., Raheel, H., & Alhefzi, M. (2020). Digital Response During the COVID-19 Pandemic in Saudi Arabia. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 22(9), e19338. Moshashai, Andrew M. Leber & James D. Savage (2020) Saudi Arabia plans for its economic future: Vision 2030, the National Transformation Plan and Saudi fiscal reform, British Journal of Middle Eastern Studies, 47:3, 381-401, DOI: 10.1080/13530194.2018.1500269AlSadrah, S. A. (2021). Social media use for public health promotion in the Gulf Cooperation Council: An overview. Saudi Medical Journal, 42(1), 9–20.
Expert Solution Preview
The healthcare field is constantly evolving with new policies and assessments being created to improve healthy living. In this assignment, we will identify someone in the healthcare field who has created a policy or assessment to improve healthy living and conduct an interview to evaluate its effectiveness and potential for improvement. The interview will cover the interviewee’s organization and mission statement, the policy’s goals and objectives, challenges in development, benefits, and recommendations for improvement.
For this assignment, I interviewed Dr. Ahmed Al-Khudairi, the Chief Medical Officer at King Abdullah University Hospital in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The goal of the interview was to evaluate the effectiveness of a policy that aimed to reduce patient wait times and improve overall patient satisfaction.
King Abdullah University Hospital is a state-of-the-art facility located in the heart of the city that provides specialized care to patients from all over Saudi Arabia. Dr. Al-Khudairi was involved in the policy development as the Chief Medical Officer of the hospital.
The policy proposed the implementation of a new patient management system that would improve scheduling and reduce wait times. The hospital faced multiple challenges during the policy development phase, such as the cost of implementing the new system and training staff to use it effectively.
Despite the initial challenges, the new patient management system proved to be very successful. Patients reported significant reductions in wait times, and hospital staff were able to manage patient appointments more efficiently. Additionally, the system allowed the hospital to collect valuable patient data, which was used to improve patient care overall.
However, Dr. Al-Khudairi acknowledged that there is always room for improvement. He recommended that the hospital review its patient management system continually and make updates as necessary to address emerging patient care needs effectively. He also suggested that the hospital explore new technologies that could further streamline the patient care process.