In a formal paper, using assessments in Modules 1-3, evidence from the Review Matrix, and taking into consideration what you’ve learned in your readings and assignments throughout the course, formulate a Personal Leadership Strategic Plan.
- This may present for you an opportunity to incorporate the “burning question” that you developed in your Research course.
- After thoughtful reflection of previously submitted Personal SWOT Analysis (mentally reflect on your strengths, how you can use your strengths to develop as a leader throughout your career, areas that you need to develop, and strategies that you can use to overcome limitations and enhance your leadership potential)
- Construct the APA formatted narrative paper according to the following criteria:
- Introduce your personal strategic leadership plan. Provide a thesis statement. (1 paragraph)
- Write your personal leadership vision. Where do you see yourself in the context of leadership in the nursing profession in 10-20 years? How influential would you like to be in your community, nationally, or internationally? (1 paragraph)
- Write your mission or purpose as a leader in the nursing profession. What do you want to be known for and why? For example: researcher, advocator, policy maker, educator, quality improvement specialist, formal leader.
- Incorporate strengths of self-mastery from the book, Jesus CEO. (1-3 paragraphs)
- Write SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time tested) goals. Then list the actions you will take to achieve each goal and plot a timeline for each action. Incorporate strengths of action and strengths of relationships from the book, Jesus CEO. (2-6 paragraphs)
- Provide conclusion; succinctly summarize key “take home” elements for reader. (1 paragraph)
- Use all course readings and assignments; and incorporate evidence from “Review Matrix” assignment which includes literature to support your chosen vision, mission, goals, and actions.
- Utilize APA format, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics including level headings.
· Jones, L. B. (1996). Jesus C.E.O.: Using Ancient wisdom for visionary leadership. New York: Hatchette Books. ISBN: 0786881267
Expert Solution Preview
The purpose of this paper is to develop a personal leadership strategic plan based on assessments completed in Modules 1-3, evidence from the Review Matrix, and knowledge gained from readings and assignments throughout the course. This plan will also integrate the “burning question” developed in the Research course. By reflecting on my Personal SWOT Analysis, including strengths, areas for development, and strategies to overcome limitations, I will construct a narrative paper following APA formatting guidelines. The paper will consist of the following sections: introduction with a thesis statement, personal leadership vision, mission or purpose as a leader in the nursing profession, incorporation of strengths from Jesus CEO, SMART goals with corresponding actions and timeline, and a conclusion summarizing key elements. The content will be supported by course readings and assignments, as well as evidence from the Review Matrix.
The purpose of this paper is to develop a comprehensive personal leadership strategic plan that leverages my strengths, addresses areas for development, and aligns with my vision and mission as a leader in the nursing profession.
Personal Leadership Vision:
In the context of leadership in the nursing profession, I envision myself in 10-20 years as an influential figure, making a significant impact in my community, nationally, and potentially internationally. I strive to be a leader who advocates for positive change, promotes research, and takes an active role in policy-making to improve healthcare outcomes. Through my leadership, I aim to inspire and empower fellow healthcare professionals to deliver high-quality care and continuously seek improvement.
Mission or Purpose as a Leader:
As a leader in the nursing profession, I want to be known for my contributions in research and education. I aspire to be a researcher who conducts studies that advance nursing knowledge and improve patient care. Additionally, I aim to be an educator who nurtures the next generation of nurses, equipping them with the necessary skills and knowledge to provide exceptional care. By focusing on research and education, I believe I can make a sustainable and long-lasting impact on the nursing profession.
Incorporation of Strengths from Jesus CEO:
Drawing inspiration from the book Jesus CEO, I recognize the importance of self-mastery in effective leadership. By harnessing my strengths in self-mastery, such as self-discipline, emotional intelligence, and a growth mindset, I will continuously develop as a leader throughout my career. These strengths will allow me to navigate challenges, inspire others, and lead with integrity and authenticity.
1. Goal: Obtain a doctoral degree in nursing within the next five years.
– Actions: Research and identify suitable doctoral programs, complete necessary applications, secure funding or scholarships, diligently pursue coursework and research requirements.
– Timeline: Within six months, identify potential programs; within one year, submit applications; within two years, secure funding or scholarships; within five years, complete the degree.
2. Goal: Publish at least three research studies in reputable nursing journals within the next three years.
– Actions: Develop research proposals, conduct studies, analyze data, write manuscripts, and submit them for publication.
– Timeline: Within six months, finalize research proposals; within one year, initiate data collection; within two years, complete data analysis; within three years, submit manuscripts for publication.
3. Goal: Serve as a mentor for aspiring nurses at least twice a year.
– Actions: Connect with nursing students or early-career nurses, provide guidance, share experiences, and offer support in career development.
– Timeline: Within three months, identify potential mentees; within four months, establish mentorship relationships; within six months and annually thereafter, provide mentorship.
In conclusion, this personal leadership strategic plan outlines my vision and mission as a leader in the nursing profession, incorporating strengths from Jesus CEO. SMART goals have been set to achieve specific outcomes within a defined timeline, complemented by corresponding actions. By following this plan, I will leverage my strengths, address areas for improvement, and work towards becoming an influential figure in the nursing profession who makes a positive and lasting impact on healthcare. The plan is supported by evidence from course readings, assignments, and the Review Matrix, ensuring its alignment with current literature and best practices in leadership.