Read the following scenario. In your initial post, respond to each of the questions below.
You are preparing to initiate a telehealth videoconferencing session with Jarrett, a 16-year-old client who was seen in the emergency department after making suicidal threats at home. He was evaluated by behavioral medicine, diagnosed with major depressive disorder, and released for follow-up care with his primary provider. Jarrett lives in a 2-bedroom apartment in a subsidized affordable housing development with his mother, stepfather, and two younger brothers. His father is not involved in his life. He and his siblings are currently home for summer break.
- Application of Course Knowledge: Address the questions below in your initial response.
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks to a telehealth visit for this client.
- Describe how you will set up your workspace for the visit. What is or is not suitable to have in your workspace?
- Jarrett has access to text, phone, and videoconferencing on his smartphone. Discuss which technology you would recommend for the visit and why? Discuss how you will support Jarrett in preparing for the visit.
- Describe how you will obtain consent. Who must consent to treatment?
- Discuss how you will assess the impact of the social determinants of health on Jarrett’s treatment plan.
- Describe a safety plan for Jarrett. Who should be involved in the plan?